Minerva Home Healthcare’s speech therapists provide treatment for those with speech and cognitive problems resulting from stroke, accidents, cerebral palsy, hearing loss, or other physical and neurological disorders. Our speech therapists also treat conditions that affect eating and swallowing. They do this through:
- Retraining of speech – how to produce sounds, improve quality of voice, and communicate more effectively
- Teaching of alternative communication methods, such as sign language or the use of assistive devices
- Teaching patients with swallowing problems how to swallow safely
- Exercises to develop and strengthen muscles used to swallow
- Educating family and caregivers
For more details, get in touch with us today.